The Indiana Association for the Education of Young Children (INAEYC) is pleased to announce the availability of the Child Development Associate (CDA®) credential course through its Non Formal CDA Project scheduled to begin as early as January 2021. This course is being provided in partnership with Fort Wayne Community Schools Continuing Education.
In partnership with the Indiana Department of Workforce Development, through its local Adult Education Programs throughout the state of Indiana, and in partnership with the Indiana Family and Social Services Agency/Office of Early Childhood and Out of School Learning, we are able to continue to provide this scholarship opportunity to early childhood educators interested in completing the training and assessment to earn the nationally recognized CDA® Credential. The Child Development Associate (CDA®) Credential is the most widely recognized credential in early childhood education and is the “best first step” on the path to career advancement in early childhood education. It is administered by the Council for Professional Recognition: https://www.cdacouncil.org/
** IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW, Please read in its entirety**
- Please see the attached Class Registration flyer for the REQUIRED registration and information meeting on November 17th, 2020 at 6:00pm. ALL of the important details and information needing to know about the course is on the flyer. Please note this course is being offered in person via Zoom. This course WILL NOT be taking place in person face to face due to the COVID-19 health pandemic. You MUST register ahead of time using the link on the flyer to receive a link for the meeting (please click directly on the link on the flyer). If you do not register ahead of time you will not receive a link to the meeting.
- The course offered is a fourteen week (14) professional development course and will meet three nights per week (MTW) for up to three hours each evening but is scheduled for a minimum of (6:30pm-8:30pm). This course will take place virtually in person via Zoom. Please keep in mind that this course is very rigorous and intense with high expectations and requirements of those enrolled. It will require each individual to seriously commit to attend EVERY class and complete all of the required coursework.
- A complete application packet will be sent out directly after the registration meeting on November 17th, 2020 with an email address that will allow for secure submission of the entire application packet and a deadline for submission date for the application to be considered. Please feel free to gather the supplemental documents now that will be needed to complete the application.
These include the following:
- 2 pay stubs from the last 30 days
- Copy of HSE or High School Diploma
- Copy of license for the program in which you work that the program is operating legally with the state of Indiana.
- Copy of DL
- Please note: The number of scholarships for the course are limited AND the number of employees from one program are limited to allow for as many students to be given the opportunity to participate as possible.